Friday, April 23, 2010

San Diego

We went to San Diego the week after Easter. We had a great time! We got to do lots of touristy stuff. We also got to see family and friends, which was my favorite part! I also really enjoyed just being in San Diego. I really really really miss it. I like Salt Lake, our neighborhood, our church group, our home, with a yard... But I will always prefer to be by the beach.

Last year when we went to Hawaii, Makenna was on a boogie board. She had on the leash, but still the board got out from under her. She yelled, "MY SLED! MY SLED!" I was mortified. A daughter of mine not knowing the difference between a sled and a boogie board. Wow... Bad parenting. Anyway, this time, before we went to the beach, we went over beach terms (like boogie board, surf board, rip current, etc. ) and beach etiquette (like not lifting up your towel full of sand and shaking it all over the person next to you).




Sage


Makenna



Logan




We went to Sea World with Aunt Cheryl and cousin Lilli.





Logan and Makenna checking out the Sea Stars. Logan broke both bones in her wrist during a "monkey bar" incident. Fortunately they now have water proof casts, so she didn't miss out on any of the fun.





Chase hangin' with Uncle Sean while we were waiting for our food.




This is Bailey. She's the ADORABLE daughter of a really great friend. She apparently has a shoe fetish. The minute Makenna took her shoes off, Bailey put them on. Bailey did not remove them from her feet the entire time we were at the park. Apparently, though, if one were to buy her the exact same shoes in her size, she would not be interested. She wants your shoes.




Chase at the park.



Our family at the park. Notice Bailey. Still in Makenna's shoes.



2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

I love the 'SLED' incident. It just makes me laugh when I think of you telling it. That Makenna's a true Utah gal!!!

Sound like you had a fun time.

Hope to see you next time we're up that way to visit.

JSCrawford said...

Fun, fun, fun. You guys look Fantastic. Love ya!