Ok. So, honestly, I've been pretty nervous about the fact that we are having a boy. I'm surprised that I'm so nervous, since I grew up with four brothers and no sisters. I can throw a punch like not many girls I know. I do ok on the softball field. (Or, rather, I USED to do ok. Aging has not been nice to my joints.) I do ok watching a football, baseball or basketball game. However, the prospect of actually having to raise a son is terrifying for me. They just seem so hyper. And dirty. And hyper.
So, you can imagine my surprise when my sweet, innocent little girls became hooked on The Chronicles of Narnia movies. (If you would like to judge my parenting based on the fact that my girls have seen these movies, please reserve it: I have much better ammunition with which you can judge me. Just ask my girls....) I try not to watch the movies. I think they are violent and boring. And, well, just not my thing. However, Logan and Makenna have fallen in love with them. The movies are on at my house ALL the time. So, why am I then surprised at the fact that my cute, sweet little girls want to buy bows and arrows and swords? Just as a side note, Logan has played T-Ball and soccer. Loves them both. I'm comfortable on a ball field. But really. A bow and arrow? Swords? It took me three stores to find them. Probably because I hadn't been looking in the boy section. With all the other yucky boy toys. Thank goodness for Toys R Us.
Anyhoo.... my point? I think perhaps Heavenly Father is preparing me, one small step at a time, for a boy. We'll see.
8 years ago
6 comments:
You will do great. Just remember they come with their own sound card. I think a little boy in that house is the cutest thing ever. Stop worrying. You are more than ready for this.
You need to read my post on sons. You will love having a boy. They are SO different. Most of the time, they are much less emotional and you're really appreciate that in about 10 years!
Don't be too harsh on the girls. I'm the biggest pacifist in the world, but I love those good guy, bad guy, stab 'em and kill 'em books. I use to think I needed to worry about that, now I see it as being well-rounded. (Maybe that was a poor choice of words!)
Just give me a call next time you need a boy toy. I may have a few on hand that we could send your way :)
I personally don't think boy toys are as fun to buy as girl toys. But that's life as we know it, and so will you soon enough. I am so excited for your little family! That little boy will be perfect for your family. Not to mention - spoiled rotten. He'll learn all about the girl stuff and probably be right in there with them playing dress up and dolls.
Oh by the way, I can't even understand the Chronicles of Narnia. How the heck do they understand what's goin on? I guess I should just sit down and watch all 24 hours of the movie, then maybe I'd know.
Okay... this is HILARIOUS to me! There's so much I cannot relate to, and then there's so much that I can. As for the boy thing... you will do GREAT! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what joy this little guy will bring... even his toys. Everything will fall into place and you will feel like boys are soooo much easier!! I watch I little girl three days a week and I GENUINELY feel that girls are SOOOOO much harder than boys.
Thanks for the prayers and support. Your mom was so smart, Julie. I'm sure you miss her a ton, as I miss her. I miss her wisdom and I so wish she was here to offer wisdom on all of the family "cr*#". What I was mentioning on my blog was actually about my own family, but the stuff with Jason's side continues. There has been no contact in FOUR years now. GGG say that they cannot have any relationship until J apologizes to his dad. Well...
Keep staying in touch... I enjoy our "talks".
Love you all!
Hey, Julie...
Congrats...boys are fun! You'll enjoy seeing Bill with his little boy buddy, too. Were you sick on your Hawaiian vacation? Boy Name suggestions: You could combine your name with Bill's for one of these fine concoctions: Bejewel, Bilju, Jubi, Ju-Billy or Jubilee...I suggest Ju-Billy if you are going for the back-hills, cowboy thing! :-)
Post a Comment